Lawyer List Discussion

Post about Pro-Gun lawyers you know of or lawyers to avoid!
herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin
Years Open Carrying: 10+

Lawyer List Discussion

Post by herohog » 11 Mar 2014 15:16

Bradley Allen Pierson, Attorney at Law
(985) 467-9211
bradleyallenpierson.com
bradley@bradleyallenpierson.com
No physical office. Meetings by appointment.
Late hours available.

I'm a solo practitioner with a general civil practice. I live in Ponchatoula, and I am licensed to practice law in Louisiana only. I'm mostly 21st JDC (Tangipahoa, Livingston, St. Helena), which your list seems to be currently missing, and I also do some work in Baton Rouge. Wills and successions provide most of my clients; litigation provides most of my hours. I have appellate experience. I do not do criminal defense, and would only be able to refer such a matter out, but I've made a point of being prepared for every type of gun-related civil litigation I could come up with.

As far as gun group memberships go, I've been a LOCAL member for a while now, having started with OCDO back before law school. Drove to classes past a gun free sign, hoping to one day have it removed. Also an NRA Lifetime member, but I've been around long enough to know that's hardly evidence of a strong pro-gun mindset.

On a different note, as I previously mentioned to Steve Raacke, I'm looking at challenging the constitutionality of the 1,000 foot radius in La. R.S. 14:95.2(A) and 14:95.5's prohibition in non-bar alcohol serving restaurants as applied to OC. (Schools and bars, while part of the same statutes, are a tougher sell, don't possess the chilling factor of ambush, and involve a different line of legal reasoning because they operate as full bans, so I'd not put them in the same suit.) To do this I need plaintiffs with standing, and I'm hoping LOCAL has some of them. Both of those laws are currently CC compatible in the areas I'm targeting, which means that anyone with a permit is going to be facing merely a prohibition on a particular manner of carry. Strict scrutiny is still supposed to apply, but "just put a jacket on" is too tempting an out to offer a court. In order to challenge the laws as an outright bar I need people who don't have CHPs and, preferably, cannot get them for innocuous reasons. This means people ages 18-20. Optimally, I'd like one each of women/physically handicapped, military, and police to round out the set (need, expertise, and consistency, respectively), all 18-20. On the restaurant angle, having someone who runs a steakhouse or similar business, occasionally serves wine, and is annoyed at the state for prohibiting customers from carrying when 100% sober (and perhaps no alcohol has even been served to anyone that night) would showcase the state's bullheaded intrusiveness rather well. I can raise it as a hypo regardless, but if we have such a restaurant owner as a party that would really drive it home. I'm also interested in listing LOCAL itself as a plaintiff; short explanation is that LOCAL, operating for its purpose of advancing OC, has standing if even one of its members does.

I'll be at the LaPlace and Baton Rouge meetings this month, to discuss the matter in person. If you're interested, please give the membership rolls a quick look over.

Sincerely,

Bradley Pierson
(posted on behalf of Mr. Pierson)
Speedy
AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Secretary/Treasurer, CIO

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

ImageImageImageImage

RIFLE
Years Open Carrying: 7+

Re: The Lawyer List

Post by RIFLE » 29 Apr 2014 13:56

I just talked to Mr. Walter Sanchez, a Lake Charles lawyer. He is ready & willing to meet with our group to discuss being our representative is case needed. He stated he has experience in 2nd amendment cases & supports our rights under said amendment. Our Lake Charles meeting is next Tuesday, & I will arrange a meeting with our group & Mr. Sanchez.

Wm. R. Belile
Lake Charles L.O.C.A.L.

jsmokey
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 0

Post by jsmokey » 30 Apr 2014 06:57

Sounds GOOD. We sure need someone in the Lake Area. I have had his contact info in my phone for a long time.
Thanks

Smokey
When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future
absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made
because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin
Years Open Carrying: 10+

Post by herohog » 17 May 2014 16:25

Wm. R. Belile, Lake Charles LOCAL Rep writes:

"Yesterday I went & had a talk with a local lawyer, Mr. Walter M. Sanchez. He is well versed in the 2nd Amendment & is willing to be our legal eagle if needed. He stated he is serious about protecting our rights & is on 24/7/365 call if needed. He furnished me with some business cards & a write-up of his experience. I will pass them out at our June meeting."

Walter M. Sanchez
901 Lakeshore Dr.
Ste. 1050
Lake Charles, la. 70601
O(337) 433-4405
F(337) 433-4430
wsanchez@waltsanchez.com
Speedy
AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Secretary/Treasurer, CIO

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

ImageImageImageImage