New Member Introductions

A place to talk about most anything gun or gun rights related.
Ray Adams
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 10+

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Ray Adams » 31 Dec 2015 12:26

Hi, my name is Ray Adams and I joined today. I've been open carrying for since 2005. Was asked to leave a waffle house just this morning in Opelousas. LOL Anyway, I've had many experiences with it. In several states. Just saying hello

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 31 Dec 2015 12:41

Welcome to LOCAL Ray! We are glad to have you. I am a former Lafayette boy, I grew up there on Westchester Drive up till I was 15 or 16ish. I still have friends there and a LOT of great memories of the place. Do all directions still start at "4 corners" there?
Speedy
AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Secretary/Treasurer, CIO

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

ImageImageImageImage

Conceal_Nothing
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 1+

Post by Conceal_Nothing » 31 Dec 2015 13:48

Welcome to LOCAL. Waffle House is one of those funny places that doesn't put the no guns sign in the front window. Usually they have a sign prohibiting stuff posted somewhere in the parking lot, look around for it, its a list of prohibited things, not the standard no firearm symbol.

Good website that tracks friendly places and where you can put flags up on no go businesses is http://friendorfoe.us/ It takes a few minutes to set up and learn but its a wonderful place to track friendly businesses so you can vote with your dollars.

Hope you enjoy the forums.
Coleman
"Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle, my lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me." (Psalm 144:1-2 NKJV)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Lighthorse

Post by Lighthorse » 07 Feb 2016 14:11

My name is John, due to my age of 62 my introduction may seem a bit lengthy. I was taught to shoot beginning at age 5 and have trained in the Martial Arts since age 9. My father a WWII veteran taught me how to shoot, my martial art training started with a book by Leo Fong and both led to an interesting life. I entered the Army in 1973 as a Military Police and retired in 1993, along with training the Army MPs, in Unarmed Self Defense and Pistol and Rifle Shooting, including the Army Rifle team, I eventually became an Army Detective. During that time I was also assigned as a Game Warden in several states including Alaska. Although after retiring I continued as local law enforcement, I lost interest and became an Outdoor Writer. I became a range master at Ft Polk Recreational Shooting Range subsequently inventing the Top Gun Challenge Rifle Match (World Squirrel Rifle Match). Since 1980 I held the present position of Chief Director of the Armed Forces Karate Association. I was the Louisiana Director of Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America, Past La State Crossbow Director, National Outdoor Writer with Foremost Hunting.com as a hunting/gun writer, and syndicated columnist. I was in favor of the concealed weapon law in Louisiana and wrote several articles for it's inception.

As for myself I prefer Open Carry. I recently moved to the Tioga La area. Before packing my FNX-40 I spoke with Quick Stop Managers, Grocery Store Managers, and other normal places I may go in my area, which included the Police, they all seemed in favor of Open Carry.
Being the highly talented diversified genius that I am, I trouble myself in my daily pursuits of multiple subjects to do, many times confused I do nothing at all. :roll:

lawdog
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 3+

Post by lawdog » 07 Feb 2016 22:32

Welcome, welcome!
Carry On!
(Free Men Bear Arms.)

Lighthorse

Post by Lighthorse » 08 Feb 2016 08:44

I recently moved to the Tioga area from Leesville/Ft Polk I need new Buddies, most of mine either passed away or just quit shooting. I never quit anything.
Being the highly talented diversified genius that I am, I trouble myself in my daily pursuits of multiple subjects to do, many times confused I do nothing at all. :roll:

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 08 Feb 2016 09:29

Welcome to the group! I used to spend my summers just outside of Pollock, LA on some land we had that was surrounded on 3 sides by the Kisatchie national forest down there. Sure do miss that place and those days.
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

Hendersar04
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: <1

Post by Hendersar04 » 15 Feb 2016 11:32

Hello fellow OCers! My name is Adam and I am active duty Air Force. I have been in for 12 years now. My family and I moved here last March, but I was born and raised just north of here in Texarkana, so the Shreveport/Bossier area is nothing new to me. I officially OC'd for the first time yesterday all day with no hassles or weird looks. It is so nice to be in a very gun-friendly/OC state. I look forward to meeting you fine people, and hope to help spread the word and good deed of OC.

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 15 Feb 2016 12:03

Welcome to the group! Do you know Jacob Tuttle? He is a member and is stationed at Barksdale as well as a good friend of mine.
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

Hendersar04
League Member
League Member

Post by Hendersar04 » 15 Feb 2016 15:35

herohog wrote:Welcome to the group! Do you know Jacob Tuttle? He is a member and is stationed at Barksdale as well as a good friend of mine.
No sir, I do not know a Jacob Tuttle. Thank you for the welcome!

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 15 Feb 2016 19:21

He's got something to do with things that go "boom" over there. Don't recall the details or his rank but he's enlisted and far from a boot but not way up there either.
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

Wolfgang1952
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 7+

Post by Wolfgang1952 » 16 Feb 2016 02:08

Welcome from the piney woods of Franklinton, Washington Parish.
I too like things that go boom, from my canon and all my AR’s in four different flavors 22cal, 5.56, 45acp and my DPMS LR308s, FALs, M14/M1A1 and to many other rifles, shotguns and pistols to mention. In my avatar you can see my mode of carry. Sometime I carry a six gun and then others I carry a semi auto, all depends on how I feel and where I am going. And most of the time I am on the scoot.

Wolf
.308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.

Ironhorse
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 0

Post by Ironhorse » 19 Feb 2016 20:39

Hi to everyone in LA. I'm Chris and I am from NY. Plan on retiring down that way. Have an ex from Morgan City. We both are looking forward to WARM weather (-20 F) last week. Not really big on guns but I get concerned when I hear anti-american politicians regulating everything. The 1st Ten in the bill of rights are stuff the government cant do. Guess you guys know all that. Anyhow thanks to the Admins, when I get there-- you can be sure to find me supporting everything American. See you there!!

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 19 Feb 2016 20:48

Welcome to a COMPLETELY different world! It will take a bit but ya will learn to like it once ya accept the heat, humidity and skeeters. The food and friendly MORE than make up for it so no worries.
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

rovpilot337
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 1+

Post by rovpilot337 » 13 Mar 2016 09:59

Hello,

My name is Randall Roy and I am a new member. I am 34 years old and live in Jennings, La. I currently work offshore and overseas as a supervisor for remotely operated vehicles (or underwater robots). I am a Navy veteran have been in the oil and gas industry since 2005. I love shooting and anything else to do with guns. One of my favorite things to do besides shooting is building AR's. I have built several for myself as well as friends and family. I look forward to being part of LOCAL and possibly meeting you guys.

Randall

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 13 Mar 2016 13:20

Welcome to the group! Glad to have you. USN Snipe raised in Lafayette back when "Petrolium Helicopters" was the big deal there.
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

pete092775
League Member
League Member

Post by pete092775 » 28 Mar 2016 16:28

I have been following local for a while have finally joined. Have a place in Starks and frequent Vinton and Sulphur often. Was a Deputy in Calcasieu many years ago and loved open carry then. A firm believer in the constitution and open carry fairly often. Would love to get involved with the southwest guys about educating the public on their rights.

rwva_Rifleman
League Member
League Member

Post by rwva_Rifleman » 01 Apr 2016 10:48

Hello guys and dolls!
I'm Johnny. I live in Shreveport but grew-up in the sticks in Grand Cane with a rifle in my hand tripping through the woods, if I wasn't at school. Worked at several dairy farms, a bit of rodeo (Bull Rider). Went into USAF after high-school in 1984. Been a lot of places and learned just how free we are here. (We still do not have true Liberty) No human has had Liberty for hundreds of years.
I'm an RWVA Appleseed IIT3 soon to be a full Instructor.

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 01 Apr 2016 11:36

Good to have ya! I'm the LOCAL Treasurer/Secretary and former VP and have been the NW Area Rep for the past 3 or so years and live in Shreveport as well. If ya want a shooting companion one day, gimme a holler!
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

lawdog
League Member
League Member
Years Open Carrying: 3+

Post by lawdog » 01 Apr 2016 19:43

Find where your area group meets and join them for dinner!
Carry On!
(Free Men Bear Arms.)

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 01 Apr 2016 21:05

We don't meet, that is to say, I got tired of holding "meetings" and being the only one there besides maybe another area officer. I WILL gladly meet with anyone who would like to though!
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

Jamie4419
League Member
League Member

Post by Jamie4419 » 21 Apr 2016 19:38

I live in Destrehan with the wife and high school age daughter. We've had to move around a lot from being in the Air Force and the last many years due to my work ... in construction you work yourself out of a job by finishing the project. (sarcasm) We've been in this area for about 5 years which is great. Have a daughter in college. We lived in FL for several years. Built high-rise condos until the 08 crash. Since then been building industrial projects - mostly Army Corps pump stations, levees, flood walls, and such. Family and work is pretty much my life. Nice to be in this group. Glad to see you guys making a difference. Way too many attempts to take our constitutional / state rights going on. Gotta go for now. Thanks for being here - looking forward to interacting and learning from you folks.

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 22 Apr 2016 11:11

Welcome to the group. You'll find the traffic here is pretty low but please don't let that dissuade ya from posting!
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage

Fuego

Post by Fuego » 06 Mar 2018 23:30

Hey all, Ken here. LA native (Mt Vernon Parish), but just returned to NOLA after 14 years in Wash DC. Former Army Ranger, and enthusiastic about being able to open carry again. No armaments yet, bc DC is ridiculous and my guns are still with my uncle in TX. But, back on the market, ready to get my shot grouping tight again, and being part of the community!

-Fuego
RC 05-00
A/1/502, 101st Abn 97-98
B/1/501, 172 SIB 98-01
B/2/3, 2ID 01-02
A/3/187, 101st Abn 02-04 (OEF1/OIF1)

USARA - LRR4889 (Life Member)

Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands.

herohog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by herohog » 06 Mar 2018 23:52

Glad to have you back below the Mason/Dixon! It is pretty dead here. You will find a LITTLE more traffic on our FaceBook page here: https://www.facebook.com/LAOpenCarry.org
Speedy

ImageImageImageImage